Hi there. I thought I would keep everyone updated with discussions and topics brought up by the Creative Soul “Team”. Creative Souls meet (usually) the last Monday of the month at the Braintree Community Arts Center, 5:30-6:30pm. Sometimes the date or time changes depending on the wind. These meetings are OPEN and full of discussion and amazing ideas. Basically a “Brainstorming” session for the Arts Center. Everyone is welcome to attend.
March 27, 2023, 5:30-6:30
Productive meeting with Donna, Heidi, Barbara, Linda and Kathy in attendance. Discussions were about:
April Vacation Camp/Kid’s Art Night Out/ August Vacation Camp/ CLEAN OUT Very excited about the formation of the new Board.
February 27, 2023, 5:30-6:30
Wonderful meeting with wonderful ideas. Many new faces in attendance! (In progress)
January 9, 2023, 6:30-8:30 *Creating Night
Last night was a special edition of “Creative Souls”, we spent some time creating our own artwork by exploring materials. Lots of fun and pretty relaxing at the end of the day! Present were: Heidi, Barbara, Linda, Cathy, Donna and Donna. Two new participants who are excited to help grow the Arts Center!
Below are notes from our meeting.
1. We will be offering a Feb Vacation Event. Heidi will run and supervise it. Tues – Friday, 21-24, 9-1pm. Art, Creative Projects and activities. Grades 2, 3 and 4 limited to 15 kids. I will make a flyer and send the details soon. The theme is “The Sky’s the Limit” Cost: we were thinking $100.00 for the 4 days or $30.00 a day. We can discuss. We will need funds to support the supplies… I will try to get volunteers so that the fees are low. Kids bring their own lunch and snack.
2. We discussed Summer Camp and will try to find someone who might be interested in running it. No one at the meeting is available to do it. Both Donna W and Barbara think they know the perfect candidate.
3. We are going to do a “Paint the Door” Contest… but probably need permission somewhere?? Maybe not? We would like to have someone be creative and design the front door at the BCAC… We would ask for entries and someone would be selected.
4. There is $1000.00 dollars in the BCAC “fund” from a generous donation from the Knight of Columbus… for display boards.. we will be ordering them soon.
5. On the Parks and Rec site the BCAC is not listed as a building in the town? Is there a reason for this? Just thinking ahead… if we want the building to be used… we need to open it up? Not sure… but it was discussed. Non-Profit groups should be able to use the building but maybe with a “service fee”… Up for discussion.
7. We need a building schedule… of who is in the building when? For the Feb break… Both the Quilters and L Schatz can not be there and would have to reschedule
November 28, 2022, 5:30-6:30
Last night we had great discussions. Fred, Linda, Barbara, Donna and myself (Heidi) were present,
- How can we get classes started? Yoga/Open Studio/Adult Drawing
- Trash/Fred will take out on Sunday for Monday pick up
- Possible to “give a gift of art” (sidewalk chalk idea)
- Paint a panel around town? Where? Contest?
- Sidewalk chalk drawing? Where? Electric Boxes?
- Adding Cultural Program/CATS, New interest in teaching
- Where is the calendar? How can we update?
- MORE advertising.. get it out to the schools?
- Decorate the Center for the Holidays? Lights?
- Why are the outside lights not working? Timer?
- Opening Day at town wide sport events? Have a table?? Hand out flyers?
- Next meeting of CREATIVE SOULS will be an art and fun gathering. 1/9/23 at 6:30 pm.